Saturday, October 07, 2006

We had our appt with the RE on Wednesday and it went great! The hubby was able to go with me which was really nice. We were both really impressed with the Dr. and left feeling like we had a little bit of hope again!

The big news is that I finally have an official diagnosis of PCOS. I have had other docs mention it as a possibility, but after seeing clusters of immature follicles all over my ovaries on the u/s he said there was no doubt that's what is going on. Add that to the endo and he rattled off some numbers that I of course can't remember. The important part though was that in the last 2 years of ttc he said we would have been lucky to have had 5 actual chances of conceiving. Factor in the possibility of my tubes being compromised due to the endo and we are at a <5% chance of conceiving on our own.

With all of that he suggested a treatment protocol of ovulation induction and IUI. It didn't take much convincing for us to be completly on board. I started Provera on Wed night to bring on AF (cd 35 -- no AF -- no ovulation) and as soon as she shows we are on! We will do 100 mg of Clomid and then the IUI.

I find it incredibly hard to believe this is our reality, but at the same time am trying my best to accept it for what it is and not let it totally consume my life.

In the 3 days since our appt I can't tell you how many people have asked me, "do you think you should have gone sooner?" "are you upset you wasted all of this time seeing the Natropathic Dr?" and I can't quite explain it, but I am certain that all of this has happend in exactly the right timing. I really feel like the time spent with Dr. F allowed me to get my body into it's optimal health which has in turn better prepared me for this more aggressive treatment. I had some hard, really hard times over the last 2 years, but I don't doubt that all of it has brought me to this place...the exact place I'm supposed to be at.

Since no one (or at least very few of you) knows me IRL you don't know about my extremely odd reaction to almost any medication. I take sudafed and I hallucinate...yes, really hallucinate. I take codeine and I'm wired. I had my wisdom teeth removed and reacted terribly to the narcotics and was vomitting and shaking uncontrolably for hours afterwards. I could go on, but you get the point. Obviously with my history I am extremely conscerned with how the clomid will affect me. It is my biggest concern in all of this. I am praying that I don't turn into a completely crazy woman.

I know this post jumps around a lot, but I think I'm still processing things and can't quite seem to get a clear stream of thoughts going.

More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web stats