Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Migraine Hell! For several years now I have suffered from migraines. I either get them when under a great deal of stress (the first one I ever experienced was in December of 1999 when I bought my first new car, purchased my wedding dress and signed papers on our first home all within 3 days) or on the first day of my period due to the drop in Progesterone. Yesterday it was the hormones and it was HORRIBLE! I had been fighting off a headache all day and thought I was going to make it without a full blown migraine, but at about 8:00 in the evening I realized I wasn't going to be so lucky. Within a few minutes I was horribly sick to my stomach and my head hurt so bad I could feel the roof of my mouth throbbing and my jaw hurt so bad I could hardly open my mouth. It was all I could do to get myself upstairs and into bed without vomitting. It took me a while to fall asleep due to the intense pain and I woke up several times during the night with my head still killing me. This morning I had a lingering headache but as the day has gone on I'm feeling much better.

I always forget just how bad a migraine really is until I have one. Last night as I was laying there I kept thinking, "it feels like my whole body is just shutting down" and honestly it scared me a little...

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

Yikes! this sounds awful. I'm glad you're feeling better.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web stats